What are cookies?
Cookies and other similar technologies, such as local shared objects, flash cookies and pixels, are tools used by web servers to store and retrieve information about website visitors, as well as to ensure the correct functioning of the website. These devices allow the web server to remember certain information about the user, such as their page viewing preferences, name and password, products that interest them most, etc.
Cookies affected by and exempt from regulations
Under EU legislation, the cookies that require the user’s informed consent are analytical cookies and advertising and affiliate cookies, while technical cookies and those necessary for the operation of the website or the provision of services expressly requested by the user are exempt.
What types of cookies are there?
There are four main groups of cookies:
- Technical cookies: These are the ones that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform, or application and use the different options or services that exist on the web. For example, control traffic and data communication, identify the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, use security elements during navigation, or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language. The type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Session cookies: They are temporary. They remain in the browser file until the web page is left. They are used to analyze web traffic patterns. Ultimately, this helps provide a better experience to improve content and ease of use.
- Analysis cookies: Well used, they allow us to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the use realized by users of the service offered. For this, your browsing on our website is analyzed to improve the offer of products or services.
What cookies do we use?
- moove_gdpr_popup: These cookies are mandatory. Its function is to save the cookie banner preferences and, its validity expires after one year.
- _ga: This cookie is from third parties. It is the most used by Google Analytics since it allows services to differentiate one user from another. Its validity expires after one year.
- _ga_<id>: This cookie is a third party. It is used by Google Analytics to identify users. Its validity expires after one year.